Ways Anyone Can Start Saving
When you are living paycheck to paycheck saving money may sound like a foreign concept, but when it comes to saving, every dollar counts.
Here are some ideas on ways to begin increasing your saving.
- Save your change.
- Only use paper money when you make a purchase so you have more change.
- Don't let fees take away your money! Manage your bank account so you are not paying any additional fees.
- Only use an ATM if there is no fee, the typical $2.50 fee can add up to a nice saving account for you instead.
- Shop around for the best deal.
- Coupon savings add up fast! $10 per store trip can really help your budget.
- Visit www.b2bmt.org (a free, anonymous, thirteen question form) and see if you qualify for help with child care, energy assistance, or other work support programs that can add money to your budget each month.
- Call around annually for insurance quotes.
- Evaluate your cell phone and cable bills. Do you really need all those extras?
- Save part of your income tax refund, file your taxes for free at www.taxhelpmontana.org.
- Open a savings account at a different financial institution so it's harder to withdraw the money.