Our agency is committed to assuring the privacy of individuals and/or families who have contacted us for assistance. We assure you all information shared both orally and in writing will be managed within legal and ethical considerations. Your personal financial information such as your total debt information, income, living expenses and personal information concerning your financial circumstances will be provided to cre ditors and possibly others, with your specific authorization.
- We may use aggregated case file information for the purpose of evaluating our services, gathering valuable research information and designing future programs. Your anonymity will be maintained through the use of your client number or by using aggregate data in all circumstances.
- In all other situations, your information may be released to appropriate individuals or agencies ONLY UPON YOUR WRITTEN REQUEST, OR when our staff has been served by a valid subpoena.
The following PRIVACY PRACTICES detail circumstances under which we will release your information to a third party:
- We do not disclose any non‑public personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone, except as permitted by law.
- We may compile data and aggregate information that you give us, but this information may not be disclosed in a manner that would personally identify you in any way.
- We may disclose some or all of the information we collect, as described below, to creditors, or third parties that you have authorized who need this information in order for us to assist you after a counseling session.
- We may disclose all of the information that we collect, as described below, to creditors and related financial institutions who need this information in order to put you on a Debt Managem ent Plan (DMP).
- We restrict access to non‑public personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide service to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non‑public personal information.
- We collect non‑public personal information about you from the following sources:
‑information we received from you on ou r application or other forms you provide;
‑information about your transactions with us, your creditors, or others; and
‑information we receive from a credit‑reporting agency.
- We may disclose the following kinds of non‑public personal information about you:
‑information we receive from you on appli cations or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets and income;
-information about your transactions with us, your creditors, or others, such as your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions, and credit card usage; and
-information we receive from a credit‑reporting age ncy, such as your credit history.