RDI's Financial Education Programs
Become a certified credit counselor, financial counselor or financial coach; learn the skills necessary to provide culturally competent financial education and advice to the clients you serve. Whether an organization provides small business training and loans, helps people build credit to one day buy a home, or merely provides assistance managing debt so clients are able to pay their child support or subsidized rent; financial education and counseling play a large role in client success. RDI's Financial Training programs provide values centered training that enable a participant to provide financial counseling or coaching to individuals and families with the upmost of cultural competency.
Participants of any of RDI’s Financial Counseling Training Programs will:
· Develop skills and strategies to provide culturally competent financial guidance in their community.
· Be provided access to a vast array of up-to-date financial resources.
· Build partnerships for asset building and additional financial services in their community.
· Join a group of peers from communities across the nation working in the same field, sharing best practices.
· Gain additional perspectives and tools to implement asset building strategies in their community.
Following completion of the program, participants are encouraged to stay in touch and continue to share experiences through program provided online chat boards, blogs and forums. Enrolled students work together on team assignments, weekly homework assignments and share experiences and best practices, this collaborative process is dubbed a learning cohort because it seeks to establish a cohesive group of practitioners with common educational outcome goals.