The Native American Credit Counseling Certification and Training Program (NACC) is designed to build credit counseling education and services within Native communities. Throughout the program, participants work together on team assignments and in weekly exercises, are encouraged to study together and utilize online chat boards and phone calls, and share experiences through group dialogue and online postings. This collaborative process is dubbed a ‘learning cohort’ because it seeks to establish a cohesive group of practitioners with common educational outcome goals. These cohorts, through shared experiences and across geographical distances, enable participants to learn from and teach each other.
RDI has been providing financial consulting, education, and credit counseling across Montana and Wyoming since 1968. The program utilizes best practices and lessons learned from these 40+ years of financial counseling experience.
Through the NACC program participants will:
- Become nationally certified Accredited Credit Counselors through the Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE).
- Develop skills and strategies to provide financial counseling services in their community.
- Access additional resources and partnerships for asset building and additional financial services in their community.
- Build a group of peers from other Native communities across the nation working in the same field.
- Gain additional perspective and tools to implement asset building strategies in their community.