Income helps families get by, Assets help families get ahead!
- source of aid or support that may be drawn upon when needed
- a useful or valuable quality, person, or thing; an advantage or resource
Our mission is to help youth, individuals, and families achieve economic independence. We use a variety of tools that help everyone earn, keep, and grow assets. Assets are more than just financial aid. People need social networks for support and connections; which is referred to as human and social capital. While financial assets can help a family survive job loss or other life events, human and social capital help people thrive every day.
Some of the ways in which we help youth individuals and families grow assets include:
- Free Tax Preparation
- Family Economic Security Program
- Prosperity Club
- Individual Development Accounts
- BEST Montana
- The Northern Plains Initiative
- Building a CDFI
- Montana Micro-Enterprise IDA
- Native American Credit Counseling Certification (NACC)