Becoming a VISTA
AmeriCorps VISTA members must be 18 years of age or older; U.S. citizens, nationals or lawful permanent residents; hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher (preferred); be independent, self-starters; with a passion for service!
Watch our Member Recruitment Video below:
All VISTA members are enrolled in the AmeriCorps National Service initiative. As members, they receive the following benefits:
- An annual living allowance of $11,848;
- An education award of $5,815 upon successful completion of service; (or)
- A cash award of $1,500 upon successful completion of service;
- Health care benefits;
- Loan deferment or forbearance while enrolled as a VISTA;
- Child care (if needed criteria are met);
- $550 Relocation funds if relocating from over 50 miles away;
- Mileage reimbursement if relocating to serve; and
- Professional training opportunities and citizenship development.
To apply to become an AmeriCorps VISTA, please visit the AmeriCorps Web site.
For more information please contact Joe Ryan at 406-454-5704 or firstname.lastname@example.org.